We pride ourselves on providing consistently high-quality CAD waxes for casting, within reasonable time frames. Send your models to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are happy to repair or resolve any problems you might be having with your CAD models, but if you wish to handle the preparation of your CAD models yourself, here are a few guidelines to guarantee the best quality:
- Make sure any components which are meant to be attached to each other are booleaned. Likewise, any components which are meant to be cut out from each other should be done.
- Make sure your meshes are watertight (no holes in the mesh surface).
- Providing your files in mesh form can speed things up and make our job easier, but you want to make sure the mesh quality produces mesh facets no larger than 0.02mm.
- Some CAD programs are easier to work with than others. In particular, JewelCAD and Google Sketchup require additional work to make the models ready for RP. Contact us if you are using these formats.
- Shrinkage is always a consideration with cast RP models, especially if you're planning on making a mould of your cast model. Typically mould shrinkage is 3%, but you should check with your caster to confirm.
If you have any questions give us a call at +44 20 7242 5535.